Bring your entire family to Scott County, Tennessee and let's do ministry, together.
your unique gifting is needed
Every summer, the Church of Joy along with several other local churches will be serving the community of Scott County Tennessee. This mission trip is a great opportunity to bring your entire family to do ministry, together. Scott County is one of the most impovrished counties in Tennessee and the nation.
THERE'S A PLACE FOR YOU TO SERVE
With so many areas of ministry available, you and your family will have no
problem finding a place to express the love of Christ. Ministry opportunities will include:
- Kids Day Camps
- Nursing Home Visits
- Construction Projects
- Free Health Clinic
- Clothing and Food Bank
- Community Gardens
- Team Kitchen Crew
Plan to join us in the summer of 2019!
Trip cost and dates will be posted as soon as they become available.
Give yourself at least 5 hours (from Williamson) to our mission site. Plan for a couple bathroom breaks and lunch. **Please do not arrive earlier than 4pm
Pack, clean, load and go. Every year we thoroughly clean the Elementary school we stay in. We begin cleaning after dinner on Friday night and do final touch-ups on Saturday morning.
We normally stay at a local elementary school. This will be announced as the information becomes available.
What to Bring
- Air Mattress or Cot, Pillow, Cover/Sheet/Blanket, PJs
- Power strip and Extension Cord
- Ear Plugs (if you're a light sleeper), Small Electric Fan (if needed at night)
- Towel, Washcloth, Shower Shoes, Toiletries
- Church Clothes (for Sunday morning)
- Pants or modest Shorts, T-Shirts, Tennis Shoes for kid's camp and work days
- A light weight jacket or hoodie
- Sunblock, Bug Spray
- Tools (if doing construction)