Audio from Senior Pastor Vaughn Drawdy on Sunday morning January 8, 2017.
For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you. We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives, so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of light. For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.
When we believe the truth of God’s love for us and submit our lives to the purposes of God through the Lordship of Jesus Christ in our lives, we are then in the place to fill the missing pieces of our lives with love, hope, purpose and meaning given to us by the Holy Spirit.
Let's be encouraged to:
1. Recognize our frailty and recognize His power and submit our lives to Him (repent). Humble ourselves before God.
2. Acknowledge that the counterfeit pieces that the world provides are not eternal, lasting or indefinitely fulfilling (sin is pleasurable - for a season).
3. Meet God on His terms when we do, we grow in our relationship with Him.
4. Engage in prayer. This is one of the greatest core building stones of growing in a strong faith. We need to pray like Paul prayed for the church at Colossae.
4a. Pray that God would fill us with the Knowledge of His will through all spiritual wisdom and knowledge of God.
4b. Spiritual Wisdom - This is not of man, outside at times of man’s reasoning and understanding yet bearing witness to other spiritual minded people.
5. Study God’s word, and allow it to saturate our mind in such a way that we encounter the truth of it, allowing it to judge and challenge our nature, our way of thinking and our carnal world view.