Audio from Senior Pastor Vaughn Drawdy on Sunday morning October 2, 2016.
God is our Deliverer, our Good Shepherd, our Rock - unmovable, solid, and strong. Bless God for His love for us and His precious gift of life through His son - Jesus. Jesus is our JOY giver, our Peacemaker, our Savior. He not only conquered the grave, He conquered our grave.
Because of the cross, the death, His burial, His resurrection, we find, we know and can be confident in God’s love for us. No matter how bad the problem, how big the challenge, how hard the walk… Jesus is our Savior, our King, our Deliverer.
For your personal study:
This week, choose a Psalm from the second book (of the five divisions). Psalm 42-72
1. Choose a Psalm each day this week, starting today. (From 42-72) - Don't forget to get keep notes...
2. Pray for fresh insight and knowledge.
3. Read it, then re-read the chosen passage.
4. Who is writing the Psalm?
5. Can it be tied to a story? If so, read the story
6. What is the human condition (problem)? The deep emotional need being expressed.
7, What is the prayer or praise?
8. How is God revealed?
9. What is the underlying theme of the Psalm?
10. Can you identify with the problem or praise? If so, join in with the Psalmist in your own prayer and time of worship.
Digging deep and using the Psalms in your daily life of worship and prayer is a worthwhile experience. And once you’ve read a few of them, you’ll see why so many Christians incorporate them into worship services, daily devotions, and personal prayer.