Taking a short term mission trip to Honduras with Joy, is to join a love story over 20 years in the making.
the Village of Linares
Since 1997, our primary focus has been in the beautiful Gualaco Valley, Olancho. Within this valley, most of our ministry has been in the village of Linares. We’ve seen great improvement in the overall spiritual and physical health within the village.
Through construction projects, hygiene classes, medical outreach, children’s ministry, leadership training and numerous visits of encouragement, we’ve been able to share the love of Christ with many precious families.
more than concrete and 2x4S
Through years of going to Linares and growing in our friendship, trust has grown, establishing lasting change. Short-term missions must be about a long term commitment to the same place and the same people.
While pouring concrete and building structures has value for the village, we must also ask ourselves these questions:
- Do we know the names of the families we're serving?
- Do we know the specific spiritual needs of these families?
You have a place in this story.
We would love to introduce you to the families of Linares, Honduras! Consider partnering with Joy in taking a short term mission trip. These trips consist of:
- much prayer and preparation through team meetings
- Saturday travel days in and out of Honduras
- 4 1/2 days in the village of Linares
- prayer and ministry time with families throughout the week
- predetermined construction projects
- children's ministry
- sharing stories of the incredible things God has done throughout the week